Saturday, June 6, 2009

I was sitting at site and thought of another funny story about Ghanaian English.

We were sitting at the bus station waiting for our car to eave and this little girl came up to us. Hand to God the cutest girl in all of Ghana. She was selling bags of water. I know that probably sounds weird but that is how they sell water here. Not in plastic bottles but in little plastic bags. You bite the corner off and suck on this sack of water until it’s all gone. Its fun.
Anyway she came and was trying to get us to buy her water so I asked her
"I'm not very thirsty, is your water good?"
She replied"I have the best wat-ter."

So I said
"The best! Wow you must have good water"

She answered
"My wat-ter is beautiful."

Good answer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you need a water man to tell you about this water! I'm sure its nothing like farmer city water! Anyways you freak, hope your doing good! missed another badass belltown bash! one day you will make one! later chad